The following is a general overview of
what many basic supplemental health insurance plans offer
coverage for. This is not a reflection of all plans offering
health insurance—details may vary for individual companies.
Depending on your annual contribution, your basic supplemental
health insurance plan will cover anywhere from 40% to 80% of the
health care needs listed below:
- Dental coverage is
for fillings, cleanings, scalings, examinations, polishing and certain
- Recall visits every 6-9 months
- Covers the cost of prescription lenses, frames, contact lenses, and
laser eye surgery.
- Will cover a percentage of optometrist fees.
- Insures eyeglass repair
The following is a list of what most basic supplemental health care
plans will cover:
- Chiropractor, Chiropodist, Osteopath, Naturopath, Podiatrist, Registered
Massage Therapist, Acupuncturist, Physiotherapist
- Psychologist or approved social worker
- Homecare and nursing, prosthetic appliances, durable medical equipment
- Accidental dental needs
- Ambulance (unlimited ground transportation to hospital)
- Hearing aid
- Up to one million dollars worth of health coverage for trips lasting
a maximum of 8 to 10 days
Accidental Death or Dismemberment
- Adult under 65: up to $25,000 for accidental death or dismemberment.
- Adult over 65 or child: up to $10,000 for accidental death or dismemberment.